We aim to make the group accessible to families from the local community and surrounding areas.
· St. James Church School Nursery has places for children aged 2 to 4.
· In line with the EYFS we place great importance on valuing the “unique child”. Our inclusive practice welcomes children, parents, relatives, and carers regardless of religion, ethnicity, language, social background, disability or special needs.
· Our waiting list is arranged in order of receipt of Placement Forms. Places are allocated according to age of child and length of time on the waiting list.
· At times places may be allocated based on specific needs of a child as identified by other professionals, for example, social workers, health visitors etc.
· Where possible we are flexible about attendance patterns in order to accommodate the needs of individual children and families.
· Every child from the term after their third birthday until they reach statutory school age of 5, is entitled to 15 hours free early years provision. Additional hours can be paid for.
· The Nursery is also approved by the local authority to take funded two year olds who qualify for up to 15 funded hours. There are also spaces available for paying two year olds.
· Payment of fees is due in advance of attending nursery sessions in line with the Nursery’s policies and in relation to the Early Years Entitlement Grant Code of Practice.
We regularly consult with parents/carers to ensure that opening times are meeting the local need and the group stays current with the changing needs of the community.