Sycamore Homework Page
Homework Menu List
Here is the homework menu for our class The children need to choose tasks that will benefit their style of learning and they need to do their best. Remember doing more than the minimum will earn an extra treat.
Year 5 Spring 2 Homework Menu
Complete one piece of homework from each section and bring them in on Tuesday 28th March.
You will also need to meet your AR reading target by the end of term.
Here are some useful Maths websites
Here are some other useful ones for literacy etc...
The children are using the Accelerated Reader scheme, where children can quiz on each book that they finish to check their understanding. Children accumulate points for passing quizzes and a word count for the number of words read. Look out for our 'Star Readers' scoreboard in class where we update the children with the most books read, most points and most words read! If a child becomes a 'millionaire', where they have read 1 million words, they receive a prize!
- Produce a poster that encourages people to grow their own food.
- Carry out some research to discover the impact of WWII on Taunton e.g. a local story.
- Create a WWII quiz with at least 12 questions.
- Secret codes were vital to all armies during the Second World War. Can you create your own? Can anyone break it? You can use symbols, letters, numbers or combinations of all three. (See www.counton.org for some ideas.)
- Create a timeline about the Second World War.
- Create a ration book which is as authentic as possible.
- Build a model fighter plane
Challenge: make it so it can fly!
- Create and cook your own recipe using ration-inspired food. You can either bring it into school and share it or take photos of you enjoying it at home
- Build a model of an Anderson shelter; try using original instructions to help.